Hi...









I have been away from blogging so long that it is hard to get back to it, despite me enjoying it as much as I do. The past few months have really been busy for me but I've had fun. Our little Kayla is about to turn 1 on August 31st and is such a joy to us all. She has been walking since she was 9 months old, and keeps me on the move chasing her. Having mastered walking, she is now running which has resulted in her receiving several bruises and it seems that she's alot tougher than we are when she gets hurt...we all go into panic mode and most of the time she doesn't even cry. Besides the blessed time that I spend with Kayla, I have managed to have a vegetable garden and I still have lots of flowers to tend to as well. The vegetable garden did not do well due to us not getting any rain for 8 weeks in May and June. I managed to water the flowers, tomatoes, peppers, squash, okra, and cucumbers, but my peas, lima beans, butterbeans, and greenbeans did not do well. Actully, I picked the peas one time and never picked any of the other beans...they dried up. My watermelons and cantaloupes also didn't do well, I think we picked 2 cantaloupes before those plants died. We are hoping to have a well dug before next year to save on the cost of watering everything...our water bill is HIGH. We also have the goldfish pond that we have to keep filled which also takes lots of water. The photos of Kayla that I have posted were made June 17th and the few of my flowers were made on June 18th. I wanted to post more pictures but I could not get them to upload....maybe next time. God willing, I'll be back soon.
2 comments:
Your granddaughter is just adorable!!
what an absolute cutie! My daughters name is Cayla, too (just with a C)
Post a Comment