I love to read and last year my husband and I closed in our back porch and made it a sunroom for me to sit and read in. I am sorry about the poor quality of the photos but maybe they will still give you an ideal of what it looks like. We did most of the work ourselves except for finishing the sheetrock and laying the slate tile. My husband has laid ceramic tile in other areas of our home but did not have time to do this project. He owns his own business building custom built homes. He and his 71 year-old dad does all the framing of the homes by themselves. He works very hard and likes to have his free time to do things that he enjoys. I understand and respect that. I did all the painting and clean up. I also made the curtains, pillows and recovered the cushions on the wicker loveseat and chairs. I furnished it with things that I already had. The bookcase I purchased at an antique store about 10 years ago. My husband actually laughed at it when I brought it home and said, "I can't believe you bought that." Then he asked me how much I paid for it. I was too embarassed to tell him. I just told him that I'd rather not say at this time. To which he jokingly replied, "if you paid anything you paid too much." I must admit it looked bad. Someone had used it to store paint in and it had many different colors of paint spills inside and out. I had to do alot of refinishing to get it like I wanted it and received a lot of compliments afterwards. My daughter used it while she lived next door to keep her Precious Moments collection in. The other items, I was either using in other areas of my home or had stored. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I have not had much time to actually read in there but we enjoy sitting in there and relaxing with each other or with friends.
6 comments:
Wow what a lovely room! I love everything. I especially like the window treatments and the toile cushions. You did a wonderful job on the bookcase too.
Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you so much for visiting me! Your sun room is just beautiful!!! I love how you have it decorated. The fabric on your cushions is gorgeous as is the painting hanging above it. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home.
God bless you!
Paula
Elizabeth,
I noticed you were following my blog, so I came by to see who you were. I look forward to getting to know you through your blog. Your reading room looks lovely. I'm still waiting for shelves to turn my upstairs sitting room into a library. :)
Nice to meet you!
The room is very beautiful and has great atmosphere. I would love to sit in there and read. It looks so relaxing.
Have a blessed day!
~Charree
Elizabeth,
I just found your blog and have enjoyed my visit. Your new room is lovely. Thanks for sharing.
It is a beautiful room and I can see why you enjoy it so much. It was a delight to find your blog.
Post a Comment