Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bloomin Tuesday

Today is Bloomin' Tuesday at ms greenthumb jean's blog spot. I am participating by showing a few plants that are bloomin' around my place. To see more, please go by and visit Ms Jean and see what she and other participants have bloomin' this week.

Lilac Bush


Clematis.

This particular clematis is larger than my hand. I have another one that is purple but smaller. It has not bloomed yet.

Tulip Poplar Tree

Close up of Tulip (Tulip Poplar Tree)



Fourth of July Climbing Rose

More Fourth of July Blooms


Salvia (Thanks for giving me the name of this plant).

Chives


Narcissus

Dark Yellow Iris



Light Yellow Iris


Dianthus

Purple Shamrock Plant


Ajuga (bugleweed) Thanks everyone for letting me know the name of this plant. My dad gave it to me about 10 years ago. I have been working hard each spring trying to keep it thinned out and under control. It can take over a flower bed once it becomes established.



Trumpet vine. Thanks everyone for helping me put a name to this vine.

16 comments:

Aiyana said...

All beautiful, but that giant Clematis is absolutely marvelous! I had no idea there was a variety that could produce flowers that large.
Aiyana

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blooms today Elizabeth. I love your large flowering purple Clematis. The unknown plants are as follows Salvia, Ajuga or Bugleweed & possibly a Trumpet Vine.

Suzanne said...

You have so many beautiful blossoms in your yard. The clematis is lovely -- can't wait for mine to bloom. That flower is as big as a plate! The tulip tree is amazing and your iris so pretty. I'm not sure I could pick a favorite -- they are all beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love the Clematis!! Love the Shamrock!! Your unsure is Salvia, I want to say Night Shade, I have it but can't find the tag!!

Ginger said...

Everything is beautiful, but I especially love the huge clematis bloom!

Carla said...

Unsure-looks like my rough leaved Salvia
?????-looks like ajuga (bugle weed)
May I just say over all-WOW!
Really love that tulip tree bloom:)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I tulip tree??? Love it. I can almost smell the Lilac. Thank you. I think the vine is a Trumpet Vine.

Jean said...

The huge purple clematis is lovely and I love seeing lilacs already. I've never seen the tulip tree but I love it. Very interesting. You yard seems to be alive with color! Jean

Teri said...

Such beautiful flowers and great photography!! I am in love with your clematis!!

HBT!

Elena said...

Such lovely flowers. I just love the lilacs because they smell so good!

SmilingSally said...

The size of that bloom! Gorgeous.

Charree said...

The tulip poplar tree is beautiful. I have never seen such.

Paula said...

WOW - Your yard must be alive with color! We only have daffodils blooming right now. I am amazed all of these things bloom at the same time at your house! We will get Iris in early June, lilacs in late May and Clematis in late June. Your lilacs are to die for!
Thanks so much for sharing! Paula

Anonymous said...

Your blooms are all spectacular! I cannot wait til planting season comes here...your Clematis is just amazing!

Blessings,
Susie

Little Penpen said...

Your yard must be so beautiful with all those blooming plants. You definitely have a green thumb.

Alexandra said...

You have so much more blooming than we do here in Va. I love those roses and the giant clematis. For some reason it seems like spring is coming a bit more slowly here this year. It might be because of the droughts we've had in the past.