Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Bloomin Tuesday

Today is Bloomin' Tuesday at ms greenthumb jean's blog spot. I am participating by showing a few plants that are bloomin' around my place. Please go by and visit Ms Jean to see what she and other participants have bloomin' this week.

Unsure???

One of several ground cover carpet roses that I have. Some of the leaves already have black spot....

Water lillies in the goldfish pond starting to put out.

Geraniums getting bigger and having more blooms.

Another carpet rose

A friend gave me this plant last year and she could not remember it's name. It is a climber and will have alot of yellow flowers on it.

Thank you for stopping by.

13 comments:

Aiyana said...

I think the first photo is Rain Lilly (Zephyranthes candida). It is a bulb plant. I have several of these--they do well in zones 7-10.
Aiyana

Terri said...

The first picture looks almost like blood root. I have that coming up around my home as well.

Love the pictures!

Suzanne said...

What a beautiful garden you have. I can't wait to see the water lillies when they are totally out. Your geraniums are beautiful -- one of my favorites!

Little Penpen said...

LOVE your pond! So pretty! Did you guys install it yourselves? Your flowers are all so pretty.

Paula said...

Your plants are doing so well! Thanks for sharing them with us!
Paula in Idaho

Unknown said...

Beautiful blooms, love the pond!!

Grammy said...

Your blooms are wonderful!
I thought of getting carpet roses but do not know that they will come back in my area of Missouri. Have a great week

Carla said...

That last one is something like Kerria?
My water lilies are starting, and geranium is something I want this year:)
Your pond is beautiful, well, actually EVERYTHING is:)

Elena said...

Beautiful pond! I really love the carpet roses. I have not seen them before.

Jean said...

Love the carpet roses, hate blackspot! I have the small white flowers also but they haven't bloomed yet. Can't wait to see the pond in bloom! Jean

Wanita said...

Your flowers are lovely. I especially like the carpet roses. The color is beautiful!

Gramma Roxanne said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Love all your flower pictures. So nice to see flowers. we have samll patches of ground that do not any longer have snow or ice on them. We are pretty excited about that.Hope you are not in the area where the tornados are. Heard something of that on the radio. Keep on posting them thar pics. I love 'em!!

Alexandra said...

I'm pretty sure that first flower is Star of Bethlehem. I've got them as well, and they are wild flowers. Google has some good pictures of them. Mine are just getting ready to open.

We have those wonderful carpet roses too. They really do make good screens, and they are so elegant the way the arch up and down. I think they are also called Japanese roses.

You have such a lovely garden...I look forward to your Tuesday posts. :)