Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cold and wet.

One of my simple pleasures:
A soft pillow to lay my head on.

On my bedside table:
Family photos, lamp, phone, and bible.

On my TV:
Off

On the menu for tonight:
Taco salad.

On my to do list:
Make bed and pick up in master bedroom.
Clean and mop kitchen.
Laundry (wash, dry, put away and iron)

New recipe I tried last week:
None

In the craft basket:
I have some old towels that I am using to make extra cleaning pads for my Shark steam mop. I made two today and ran out of the velcro that I need to make more.

Looking forward to:
Getting my photos framed and (or) put in photo albums. I've had 702 pictures printed at Sams in the last 2 weeks (250 1 week and 452 last week). They were some that I've  had on cd's dating back 4 or 5 years and I still have alot to get printed. I have enjoyed going back and looking through them. My son has some of our family that I HOPE (Lee, I am still waiting . . . patiently : ) he shares with me so I can get prints of them.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Use the tablecloth and nice china at least one night a week "just because." Why save those things only for special occasions? Another day of life is special occasion enough.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
No favorites.

Favorite photo from last week:

Maya enjoying a treat (no it is not a cigarette).

Lesson learned the past few days:
I'm most productive in the morning

On my Prayer List:
My family

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"A Bible that is falling apart belongs to someone who isn't."

Thank you Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for hosting this event.



Today is my Mom's 68th Birthday.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

WOW! What a great day/week you have going on! Happy Birthday to your sweet mom!!
Hugs, Lisa

Terri said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!!

Alexandra said...

Birthday blessings to your mom. Cute picture of Maya...lol, it does look like cigarette.

Elena said...

Great list. Your taco salad sounds yummy! We are just doing tortilla soup tonight:) Happy Birthday to your mom! Blessings, Elena

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog for a visit....I hope you come back soon! It was fun learning a little about you today!
Penny