Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday - Daffodils


This past weekend we had temps in the mid to upper 60's on Saturday and Sunday. I hung laundry out on the line and opened all the windows to air out the house. Beautiful weather . . . a taste of spring. Monday morning was a different story. I awoke to rain in the early morning hours and as I stepped outside to go over to my nephew, Skylar's house I had to go back inside and get a jacket. It was cold again. Today has been colder and I, the person who is always complaining about being too hot. . . thanks to being overweight and in menopause, have been cold all day. As I finished up at Skylar's, I couldn't wait to get home and start a nice warm fire in the wood heater and light the fireplace in the den. We have central heat but I wanted to sit in front of the fire and actually feel the heat on my skin. Arriving home I went out to the woodpile to get wood and I could hardly believe it but my daffodils are blooming . . .  and I would have missed them if I had not decided to have a fire today. I immediately came back inside the house and got my camera and made pictures. We have snow flurries in our forecast for tonight and tomorrow . . . I will be so happy when spring is here. . .
until then I have more daffodils coming up to enjoy.

For more Outdoor Wednesday posts please go by and visit Susan at A Southern Daydreamer.

7 comments:

Debbie J said...

We have some daffodils blooming too! When March starts I always feel like winter is over! So just a little longer and I'll be able to walk during my lunch break again.

Anonymous said...

60° sounds like spring has arrived! The daffodils think so. :)

LV said...

No daffodils around here yet. Yous ar3e very pretty and makes me think maybe I will make it till spring.

Elena said...

Oh, I love daffodils! My mom always picked a bouquet of them from her garden for my birthday:)

Ms. Bake-it said...

What lovely daffodils! Like a ray of sunshine!

~ Tracy

Ann said...

I do love it when the daffodils bloom. We have several bunches throughout the yard. Beautiful pictures.
Ann

KTW said...

No blooms here yet, that's for sure! They'd be hard pressed to find their way through the layer of snow we have at the moment. Thanks for sharing your daffies with us! :)