Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Changes



I have been reading about menopause trying to find help with everything (mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats, and insomnia) I am going through. My husband is looking for help too, just kidding. However, I am sure that he is hoping I find help real soon. My doctor recommended Estroven and I took it for a while and stopped. I am not very good at taking pills of any kind. Last night as I lay down in bed I knew my blood pressure was very high and it turns out I had not taken my blood pressure medicine since Saturday. I did get up and take it. That might explain the terrible headache and dizziness that I had yesterday as well. I know I must do better. I also have a cabinet full of vitamins that I am suppose to be taking and I never do. I do not like swallowing pills!!! If it was a family member I would be having a fit. If Skylar knew that I didn't take my vitamins each morning I would really have a problem with him because I give him 12 large ones each day. He literally gags but takes them anyway. I cannot remember when I have had a good nights sleep and within minutes of taking a bath I am always sweaty. I have taken to wearing pajamas instead of a gown because to be honest I need all the barriers I can get. I have never worn a bra around the house but I wear one now to keep my sagging boobs from getting sweaty underneath. The p.j's keep my legs .....from rubbing together and sweating. If I manage to stay in the bed I sleep on top of the covers with the fan blowing on me but I usually end up on the sofa in the den watching tv until I fall to sleep. Did I mention that most of the time I am tired and IRRITABLE . My house has always been important to me and I have always taken a lot of pride in making it look nice for my husband and family but these days I have to admit I have been falling behind in that area also. Since the kids are no longer at home we seldom have company so no one sees it anyway but my husband does and he deserves better. Another area I have fallen behind on is taking care of myself and my appearance. I have gotten fat and lazy!!! I know hubby's not happy with all these changes and I am not either. I am constantly praying for God to give me the strength to do better. Looking in the mirror I can easily see that I have aged a lot in the past 2-3 years and during that time I have experienced a lot of stress and saddness in my life, my mom having lung cancer and helping care for her, my dad dying on Father's Day 2007, Skylar's accident Sept. 2007 and taking care of him, and menopause. Nobody ever said life would be easy, they just said it would be worth it. I am ready for some good changes in my life and I am thankful that I have a patient and understanding husband to help me. Wow, did you notice how many times I used "I" in this post. Please stop by and visit, I will probably need your help and encouragement also along the way.

5 comments:

Debbie J said...

Bless your heart! I am almost on the other side of this problem. You sound exactly like me for the last 2 years. The only thing that helped me was time. It will get better, gradually. I still get hot a lot, but not as much and am sleeping better. Hope you will soon start feeling better too!

Lisa said...

Oh my sweet friend! Please take care of yourself. You are a very important and should take care of yourself!
Hugs, Lisa

Elena said...

Dear Elizabeth I am so sorry to hear about your struggle. I pray your heart will be encourated today!

Alexandra said...

All I can say is (((BIG HUG)))! I may be entering this chapter in of life as well - tired, weight gain, hot...perimenopause. I've got a big fan at the end of my bed. Thankfully the weather is turning and you should get a little relief soon.

Lifting you up in prayer. Can you have your husband "pill" you(giggle)? My husband hands me a pill and a glass of water first thing in the morning. I never miss a thyroid pill this way.

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

You'll get thur this.... But you do need to Think & Care about YOU more, sounds like you almost feel guilty taking time for Yourself~ Baby Steps Here, Take Your Vitamins & the Estroven, This you are doing to Help YOU! then take a walk, (I bought a rebounder-mini trampoline) it is wonderful ~ I Love it! I can bounce or walk or jog on it in front of the TV..... Your Home Looks Lovely, so I really think you maybe expecting Too Much from YOU ~ Your Family Loves You & Cares About YOU..... so do what is Best for YOU..... (I think maybe I said YOU as many times as You said I - Thats a Good Start)
I will keep you in My Prayers, It will get better.

cheryl