Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

hhm

The weather in my neck of the woods:
It has been a rainy day. My husband and I spent the entire day watching TV and being lazy.

One of my simple pleasures:
Spending time with my husband.

On my bedside table:
Same as last week.

On my TV:
Little People Big World

On the menu for tonight:

Chicken soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

On my To Do List:
Finish with my fall cleaning. I did not get everything done that I had planned to but I did get to spend some quality time with my husband.

New Recipe I tried last week: I have had this recipe for a while but never tried it until my husband's birthday party recently and everyone loved it. I had several people asking for the recipe.

King Ranch Chicken

1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
2 tablespoons canola oil
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped (I used canned chicken)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 (10-ounce ) can of Rotel tomatoes
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
12 (6inch) corn tortillas
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese


Saute onion and bell pepper in hot oil until tender. Stir in chicken and next 7 ingredients. Remove from heat. Tear tortillas into 1 inch pieces and layer 1/3 of them in the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the chicken mixture and 2/3 cup of cheese. Repeat layers two more times. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.

In the craft basket:
Nothing at this time but I did make a new flower arrangement for my table in the den.

Looking forward to:
Cooler weather. We have already had a few days of cooler weather and I have enjoyed them.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
HAPPY THE HOME WHEN GOD IS THERE

Happy the home when God is there,
And love fills every breast;
When one their wish, and one their prayer,
And one their heavenly rest.

Happy the home where Jesus’ Name
Is sweet to every ear;
Where children early speak His fame,
And parents hold Him dear.

Happy the home where prayer is heard,
And praise each day does rise;
Where parents love the sacred Word
And all its wisdom prize.

Lord, let us in our homes agree
This blessèd peace to gain;
Unite our hearts in love to Thee,
And love to all will reign.
–Henry Ware

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):


Favorite photo from last week:
Recently I went through our old photographs looking for some my son could use to make a DVD celebrating my husband's 50th birthday. This is a favorite of mine. It was taken in April 1978; 5 months before we were married.


Lesson learned the past few days:

I've learned that I may need to take something for my menopause after all.

On my Prayer List:
Myself; my husband and our children
Skylar and other family members

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"The happiness of the home does not depend on the house or on what it contains; the people who live in the house MAKE the happiness,—or MAR it."

Thanks for stopping by and please be sure to go by and visit Sandra, the host of Happy Homemaker Monday, at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom. I hope you have a wonderful week.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I LOVE that picture of you and your husband. You make such a cute couple!

Elena said...

Great post! My favorite was you happy home verse and the picture. What a cute couple. That was the year I graduated from high school! Have a great day! Elena