Monday, January 18, 2010

HAPPY HOMEMAKER MONDAY

The weather in my neck of the woods:
BEAUTIFUL!!!!

One of my simple pleasures:
Walking in the sunshine.

On my bedside table:
Lamp,  family photos, and a bottle of lavender lotion.

On my TV:
It is turned off.

On the menu for tonight:
Salad, roast with potatoes, carrots and onions, and rolls.

On my To Do List:
2 loads of laundry (wash, fold, iron, & put away)
Make the bed
Clean up kitchen (do dishes, clean and disinfect counters, appliances, light switches and door knobs, sweep and mop floor)

New Recipe I tried last week:
Pull Apart Bread

2 cans biscuits (10 to a can)
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 stick of butter, melted

Mix cinnamon and sugar in large freezer bag. Cut biscuits into fourths with kitchen scissors, drop in bag and shake until they're evenly coated. It works best if you shake a few at a time. Drop coated pieces in bundt cake pan. Do not grease pan first. Pour leftover seasoning mix over biscuit pieces and drizzle with the melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, let cool and turn over onto cake plate.

In the craft basket:
Fabric to recover a bench that goes at the end of my bed.

Looking forward to:
Spring and being able to work outside in my flower and vegetable gardens.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Don't do everything at once! If your whole house needs to be cleaned, the task can appear overwhelming and will most likely discourage you from doing it. Split the tasks up over a period of a couple days if you have to and tackle the biggest problem area first and everything is downhill from there!

Favorite photo from last week:


This photo was made on Maya's 1st birthday. She almost went to sleep while standing up on her back legs against my husband.

Lesson learned the past few days:
The best way to keep a secret is by not telling anyone.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and children
Skylar and other family members

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I will both lay me down in peace and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.(Psalm 4:8)

Thank you Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for hosting this event.

Today we have had a beautiful day with lots of sunshine. The morning started out just like it has the past few days and I had a hard time making myself get up and get busy. In fact, I laid around and watched TV until after 9:00 this morning and then I saw it for the first time in days . . . sunshine. I jumped up and opened all the shades throughout the house and decided I was not going to stay inside and do work today; I was getting out of this house. I got dressed and went shopping, came home and put on a roast for dinner and went outside and walked 2 miles. I feel so much better . . . mentally and physically. Feeling energized, I have managed to get most of my chores done despite getting a late start. I thank God for this beautiful day. I talked to Skylar this afternoon and he is feeling a little better but is still having problems with his BP. Please continue to remember him in your prayers. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are having a beautiful day as well.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I may not comment as often as I should. I just wanted to let you know Skylar is in my prayers daily. Thank you for being my blogging friend to..Lisa

Elena said...

Dear Elizabeth, I am glad Skylar is doing better. He will be in my prayers. I enjoyed reading your list today. I know Mary and I crave the spring as we can go outside and she can play and I can garden. I do take her to our local mall to play with the kids in the play area there and she really enjoys it. The Lord bless you and your lovely family! Elena

Anonymous said...

I think we all needed that dose of Vitamin D from the sunshine today!

Sandra said...

Such a cute picture :)

Glad you had a great day!

KTW said...

I saw a little peek of sunshine today, too! It was nice. I'd love to have just a little more of it. Thoughts and prayers for Skylar. :)

Sharon said...

The sunshine was absolutley beautiful today!!!! I too went shopping....Hobby Lobby, Office Depot, JoAnn Fabrics' and Walmart. Tired when I got home. Thanks God for this beautiful day. Wish I had done a 2 mile walk like you did. Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!
Sharon

Terri said...

You sound better, Elizabeth. I'm with you. Sunshine just really lifts my spirits!