Saturday, December 20, 2008

More Pics of Master Bath

These are more photos of our master bath that I showed in yesterday's post ("Show & Tell Friday").
This is standing in front of the tub in my section of the bathroom.

This is on the right side of the tub.


A cabinet that I use for my bath items.

We each have our own vanity and this one is mine. My husband doesn't like a lot of stuff (as he calls it) setting around on his.
A silver brush set I bought at an antique store several years ago. I bought the toothbrush and cup caddie at TJ Maxx a few years ago.


This is a view from my section of the bath looking into my husband's section.

This is his vanity.

A closer view of his section of the bath.

I made the shower curtain to match the window treatments in my section.
He has a tub/shower unit in his section.

The bath is in two different sections because my husband's section use to be our daughter's bathroom when she lived here. After both kids moved out we built a large master bedroom onto our house and added another section to the existing bath to make it large enough for a whirlpool tub and another vanity. All of our friends kid us about waiting until the kids moved out to remodel and add onto our home; a time when other empty nester's are chosing to downsize. We joke back and say that we are making room for the grandchildren. Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Gramma Roxanne said...

very nice bunch of pictures~~You have a lovely home.
I have made bread for so many years now that I do not even think of it ~~I have had people just freaked that I was making bread after the birth of a child. I didn't and still don't know what the big deal is~~Just put 4 tbsps yeast in a big bowl in a cup of warmish water and some sugar~~let it rise for about ten minutes or so ~~and eight cups water~~mix in 1/2 cup oil or lard whatever kind of "fat" "grease" whatever you want to call it. some salt somewhere around 3 tbsps ~~mix that up and start adding flour you can add all white or all unbeached or whole wheat or a mixture or any kind of stuff lots of times I grind flax seeds into it mix it up till it is too much to stir and start mixing with hands kneading the dough by the time you finish you will know it is finished cause it will feel like a baby's bottom.(It takes about ten minutes.) Nice and silky put a little oil on it and put a cover over it and let rise. I have lived outside alot so yes it will rise anywhere best not to be too cold though. After it has risen for about 1 1/2 hours to two hours then punch down and recover let rise again this time for about 1/2 hr. to an hour. Then punch down and cut into eight loaves shape them and put into your bread pans and bake in a hot oven till nicely browned ~~take out of oven and out of pans butter the loaves and presto zappo there they are.Pepper cheese bread has pepper tabasco sauce and cheese in it the rest of the recipe is pretty similar The trick to making bread is kneading and not too much flour or it will be heavy. Some put milk in it and eggs I never do as we have a large family and milk and eggs were too precious for bread (I made when everyone was home eight loaves every couple days.) Now eight loaves lasts a week depending on how many are here. Hope you can try out your hand at making bread after all the Christmas merry making is over~~Roxanne