Friday, December 26, 2008

Twas the night after Christmas and out to dinner we went with our daughter, Jacqueline, and her husband, Josh. I did not go to any after Christmas sales but I did go in Books a Million, which is next door to Surins where we ate dinner. Our son gave me a $50 gift card from there as one of my Christmas gifts from him. I bought 10 books and my total was $50.22. I shopped the sales tables and found some good books. He also gave me a gift card to TJ Maxx which is another place I like to shop but I will wait a few days or weeks to spend it. I received a digital photo frame from Jacqueline and Josh; my sister and her family gave me lotion from Bath & Body Works, my mom gave me a candy dish; and my husband gave me an electric juicer. This year we had brunch at my husband's shop for our family get together. I served black peppered bacon, turkey bacon, sausage, ham, country gravy, chocolate gravy, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, pancakes, homemade biscuits, strawberry and grape jelly, coffee, soda, and orange juice. We ate at 10:00 a.m. and sit around afterwards and enjoyed being together. Then we played Dirty Santa and watched a movie. Afterwards, my mom, aunt and uncle left and I prepared supper for everyone that stayed. Then we exchanged gifts and visited a little while longer, everyone left and I did the dishes and cleaned up. We have our get togethers in my husbands shop so everyone can be in one room together. He has a wood heater there that Skylar likes to sit next to. Because Skylar is paralyzed from the neck down, his body temperature does not regulate normal and he gets cold very easily. He also has more room to get around in his wheel chair. Because he cannot use his arms or hands he operates a sip-n-puff wheelchair by sipping or blowing into a straw that is connected to his chair. He is very good at operating it. (We are all praying for a miracle that will allow him to get the use of his arms and hands back.) My husband and I spent Christmas day alone, relaxing and watching Christmas movies all day. I enjoyed it. My son gave his girlfriend, Morgan, a trip to New York as one of her gifts. What she doesn't know is that he is going to propose to her at the Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center). She is a very nice girl and I am happy to be getting her for a daughter-in-law. Their flight left at 10:00 this morning and they arrived in New York around 2:30 after a stop in Cincinnati. I pray everything goes well and they have a safe trip. Below are a few photos from our Christmas Eve get together. Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you had a very merry and joyous Christmas.

My sister, Pam, posing for me to take her picture.


Our son-in-law, Josh; our son, Lee (with mustache & beard); our daughter, Jacqueline; and my mom with her back to the camera.


My Aunt Genie: nephew, Skylar; and my mom.


I like this picture of Skylar. You can see the straw he uses to operate his chair. We also got him a cell phone (shown beside his straw) that he operates with a toothpick. He can call, receive calls and text.


Skylar, my husband and our daughter (Jacqueline).

Our daughter and my mom.

No comments: