Thursday, December 4, 2008

Show & Tell Friday-Lamps

Show and Tell


Kelli at http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/ is hosting Show and Tell Friday. I thought I would join by showing some of the lamps that I have. I like pretty lamps and when I visit an antique store I am always drawn to them. My husband knows how much I like them and sometimes buys them for me as gifts.





Several years ago while visiting his grandmother, my husband and I stopped by a little antique store and I really liked this lamp. It is a large lamp and cost more than I wanted to spend so I did not buy it. Imagine my surprise, a few months later when I opened my Christmas gift from him and there was the lamp. I have a wonderful husband. It now sets in the office of our home.




A few years ago my husband and I were at another antique store and we each found a lamp that we liked. This is the one that he liked. The woman who owned the shop told us that she would give us a discount if we bought both of them. She made us a good deal and we bought them. It sets in our den between the sofa and my husband's recliner.





And this is the lamp that I liked. I liked the one he chose also but this one I liked better. It sets in my dining room on the buffet table.





This was another Christmas gift from my husband. I have this one in my sewing room.




This is one that I received years ago from my husband as a Mother's Day gift. It sets on a table in my sunroom.


Thank you for stopping by and looking at my show and tell. Please go by Kelli's and see what other's are showing.

14 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Absolutely lovely lamps. They each are so pretty and how wonderful the ones that are gifts from your hubby!

Carrie said...

Your collection of lamps is wonderful with the various designs of each lamp...each is different and beautiful in its own right. Here is my show and Tell post:
http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2008/12/friday-show-and-tell-christmas.html

Do stop by my nativity blog for the second Holiday Giveaway:
http://carolanativitygallery.blogspot.com/2008/12/second-holiday-giveaway.html
Carrie

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Elizabeth, I love your lamps. I think my favorite is the one in your sewing room!
Hugs, Ann

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What gorgeous lamps! It helps me to envision what the lamp bases I have from that time period looked like as whole lamps. How cool that your husband was able to surprise you with the one you admired. Christmas blessing to you.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful husband you have. There is something so special about the glow of a lamp, I like them too.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Such pretty lamps. What a wonderful hubby you have to surprise you with new lamps from time to time. he's a keeper.

Linda C said...

I love your lamps! So pretty!

Carla said...

So pretty! This style just seems so homey! Thank you for sharing today:)

Anonymous said...

What lovely lamps, so delicate looking. They'd never survive our house, I'm afraid ;) .
Thank you for sharing them.
Blessings,
Catherine

Nanny Ree said...

Beautiful lamps !!! Marie x

Gone said...

What exquisite lamps...

Anonymous said...

I think all of your lamps are so lovely...I especially like the two with the amber colors...so cute you two "light up" each others lives together...

Blessings,
Susie

Kelli said...

Your lamps are just beautiful! I especially love the amber colored ones!
~Kelli

Becky said...

Your lamps are gorgeous. I too am a lamp lover!