Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Benefits of Laughter

Click on the graphic to get a better view.


I thought I'd share some humor with you. While they may not make you laugh I hope they will at least make you smile : )


The Children's Sermon
On Easter Sunday, the minister was giving the children's sermon. He reached into a bag and pulled out an egg. He asked the children if they knew what was inside. "I know," said one boy. "Panty hose!"



Prayers
The Sunday School teacher asked, "Now, Bobby, do you say your prayers before you eat?""No, sir, we don't have to," Bobby replied. "My mom's a good cook."



Seventeenth Chapter of Mark
A Sunday school teacher was giving her class the assignment for the next week. "Next Sunday," she said, "we are going to talk about liars, and in preparation for the lesson, I want you all to read the Seventeenth Chapter of Mark."The following week at the beginning of the class, the teacher said, "Now all who have prepared for today’s lesson by reading the Seventeenth Chapter of Mark, please come to the front." Half the class stood up and came forward."The rest of you may leave," said the teacher, "these students are the ones I want to talk speak to. There is no Seventeenth Chapter in the Book of Mark!"

Did Noah Go Fishing?
A Sunday School teacher asked her class if they thought Noah did a lot of fishing while he was on the ark.

"Of course not," said one little boy. "How could he? He only had two worms!"


Why Did We Move?
What reason did Adam give his children when they asked why he no longer lived in Eden?

ANS: Your mother ate us out of house and home.


Two Ears
Since God gave us two ears and one mouth, He must have wanted us to do twice as much listening as talking.

A Very Faithful Woman

An elderly lady was well-known for her faith and for her boldness in talking about it. She would stand on her front porch and shout "PRAISE THE LORD!"Next door to her lived an atheist who would get so angry at her proclamations he would shout, "There ain't no Lord!!"Hard times set in on the elderly lady, and she prayed for GOD to send her some assistance. She stood on her porch and shouted "PRAISE THE LORD. GOD I NEED FOOD!! I AM HAVING A HARD TIME. PLEASE LORD, SEND ME SOME GROCERIES!!"The next morning the lady went out on her porch and noted a large bag of groceries and shouted, "PRAISE THE LORD."The neighbor jumped from behind a bush and said, "Aha! I told you there was no Lord. I bought those groceries, God didn't."The lady started jumping up and down and clapping her hands and said, "PRAISE THE LORD. He not only sent me groceries, but He made the devil pay for them. Praise the Lord!"


Thank you for visiting.

2 comments:

Gramma Roxanne said...

good little chuckles there Elizbeth. How are you doing these days? Hope you are sleeping better!

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage said...

What funnies!
I like your blog. I'm going to add it to my blog list on my blog.

Come and see me.

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

P.S. I'm amused by the verification code. It's a misspelling of lies! Ha ha!