
The weather in my neck of the woods:
It is nice. A little cloudy with rain suppose to arrive late tonight.
One of my simple pleasures:
A cold drink of water after I finish walking.
On my bedside table:
Recipes & Wooden Spoons by Judy Baer
On my TV:
It has not been turned on.
On the menu for tonight:
Chili & Mexican Cornbread
On my To Do List:
Make the bed and pick up in bedroom
Go over and help Skylar (4 hours)
Do a load of laundry.
Clean the main bathroom
Plant trees that I bought Saturday.
Recover bench for bedroom.
Do some ironing.
Cook supper and wash dishes.
New Recipe I tried last week:
Pear Preserves
6 cups peeled, cored, and sliced pears
1 cup water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 (2 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
8 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons ground allspice
2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1/2 cup brown sugar
Directions
Sterilize jars and lids in boiling water for at least 10 minutes. Let simmer while making jam.
In a large saucepan, combine pears, water, and lemon juice. Cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in pectin, and bring to a full boil. Stir in the white sugar, and continue boiling and stirring uncovered until pears are translucent. Remove from heat, and stir in brown sugar, allspice, and nutmeg.
Quickly fill jars to within 1/2 inch of the top. Wipe rims clean, and top with lids.
In the craft basket:
It is not in my basket but I have a bench that I need to recover and I hope to do so this afternoon.
Looking forward to:
the holidays.
Homemaking Tip for this week:
One way to make your home feel wonderful is to include lit candles, soft music, something on the stove or in the oven with a wonderful aroma, crafts, art and needlework projects ready to be picked up and worked on at any time, and flowers growing by the front door.
Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Enjoyed all that I had time to read.
Favorite photo from last week:

Lesson learned the past few days:
That I can always pray for someone when I don't have the ability to help him in some other way.
On my Prayer List:
My husband and children
Skylar and other family members
Friends
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.(Psalm 38:21)
Thank you Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for hosting this event each week.
1 comment:
Great list. So fun to read. I agree about having flowers growing by your front door. I do that every year but I put them in the greenhouse in the winter and it is too cold then. I loved the picture of the turkeys mooing. Too funny! Have a wonderful day dear friend! Elena
Post a Comment