Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday



Thanksgiving Is

Thanksgiving is
a time of gratitude to God, our Creator and Provider,
whose guidance and care go before us...
and whose love is with us forever.

Thanksgiving is
a time to reflect on the changes,
to remember that we, too, grow and change
from one season of life to another.

Thanksgiving is
a time of changing seasons, when leaves turn golden
in Autumn's wake and apples are crisp
in the first chill breezes of fall.

Let us remember the true meaning of Thanksgiving.
As we see the beauty of Autumn,
let us acknowledge the many blessings which are ours...
let us think of our families and friends..
and let us give thanks in our hearts.

Author Unknown


A Thanksgiving Alphabet

T...Turkeys, tablespreads, being together,
H...Happiness and homes to protect us from all weather,
A...Aunts and uncles, a reunion in Fall,
N...Nieces and nephews, family members all!
K...Kind-hearted kin coming over for dinner,
S...Surely you'll have fun, but you won't get thinner!
G...Gourds and pumpkins, mouths open wide.
I...Indians and Pilgrims we remember with pride.
V...Very special times-there could even be snow.
I...Imagine what it was like at Plymouth long ago.
N...Never forget how the settlers led the way,
G...Giving thanks and blessing this special day.

Author Unknown

hhm

The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cold

One of my simple pleasures:
is holding hands wth my husband.

On my bedside table:
The usual.


On my TV:
is nothing. It has not been turned on.

On the menu for tonight:
Roast, salad, and rolls

On my To Do List:
Make the bed and pick up in bedroom
Go over and help Skylar (4 hours)
Do a few loads of laundry.
Do some of the ironing.
Cook supper and wash dishes.

New Recipe I tried last week:
None

In the craft basket:
is fabric that I bought a few weeks ago to make swags for my bedroom.

Looking forward to:
spending time with my family on Thanksgiving Day.

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Tidy up before going to bed. Waking up to a dirty house is stressful. Waking up to a clean house is an incredible way to start the day.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
No favorites.

Favorite photo from last week:


Lesson learned the past few days:
I have learned that crying can sometimes make me feel better for a while but does not change the source of my pain. Cry when you need to, but remember that tears do not make miracles. People do.

On my Prayer List:
My husband and children
Skylar and other family members

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Psalm 100 (KJV) "Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

Thank you Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for hosting this event.


5 comments:

Terri said...

I love the picture of the turkey holding the eat ham sign. I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving, Elizabeth!

Unknown said...

LOL! Nice photo! :)

Great post! Happy Thanksgiving!
Amy

Elena said...

Great post. I love the Thanksgiving poems. I'm thinking about using one of them on my Thanksgiving table:) Happy Thanksgiving week! Elena

Sandra said...

LOL that photo makes me laugh.

Unknown said...

Stopping by from Diary of Stay at home mom's happy homemaker monday blog post. I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving with your family!