Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving



It has been a very busy day. After I got home from Skylar's today I managed to do most of my cooking so that I can relax and enjoy my family tomorrow. Today I cooked:
chicken and dressing
turnip greens
corn
green beans
peas
macaroni and cheese
potato salad
rolls
sweet potato casserole
hash brown casserole
banana pudding
chocolate cake
pumpkin pie
pecan pie
fudge
sweet tea
lemonade

Tomorrow we will be eating at 1:00 p.m. and all I will have to do is warm everything up and make a big pan of biscuits, steam the broccoli, make the cheese sauce, make the turkey gravy and open up a few cans of cranberry sauce. My sister and I went in together and ordered our turkey and she is cooking a ham, mashed potatoes, slaw, and a cake. My mom is cooking a peach cobbler and making corn bread, my aunt is bringing deviled eggs and everyone else is bringing a big appetite. We will also have coffee and soft drinks. We have a very simple menu with simple foods that are a part of our southern roots and we are thankful for it all.

Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Oooooh, that menu looks good, Elizabeth. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Elena said...

Your menu sounds so good. I used the Thanksgiving Alphabet poem on our table and my sister and brother-in-law just loved it! Have a blessed weekend! Elena