
This week has gone by too quickly but . . . it seems that they all do. I have been trying to get things ready for Thanksgiving. Yesterday, I went to the grocery store and did my shopping but I usually have to go back several times before lunch is served on Thanksgiving day. Thank goodness Piggly Wiggly is only one mile from my home. This year I am trying to be more organized so I don't have to keep going back. I have made out the menu and told family members what they need to bring. I usually do the majority of the cooking but it is nice to not have to do it all. I have my centerpiece made, candles, napkins, glasses, and plates ready. We will be using paper plates, disposable glasses and silverware, but I did find some that will make a pretty table setting. We have our large get-togethers at my husband's shop so everyone can be together in one room. We have a stove, refrigerator, and microwave and I do most of my cooking there. There is also an old wood heater with a fire going that Skylar likes to sit beside and a large sectional sofa that is very comfortable. We usually have lunch and then everyone will visit for a while; eat again; older folks will leave before it gets dark and everyone will eat again. In between eating my husband will take a nap, my daughter and I will do dishes, and we will all laugh and have a good time just being together. How do you spend your day???

2 comments:
That sounds fabulous! So nice to be with loved ones. We are having my sister and brother-in-law over. Their 2 children are grown and married and will not be coming home for Thanksgiving this year. So, it will be us and them. It will be nice a cozy!
That sounds wonderful! Our family is scattered, so we usually spend it with ourselves. Sometimes we have family in from out of town. My husband's shift sometimes falls on Thanksgiving, and in that case, we spend it at the fire station.
Post a Comment