The weather in my neck of the woods:
It was cold this morning (39 degrees) but it warmed up and turned out to be a beautiful day.
One of my simple pleasures:
Getting comments on my blog.
On my bedside table:
Recipes & Wooden Spoons (Tales from Grace Chapel Inn) by Judy Baer
On my TV:
Little People Big World
On the menu for tonight:
Fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, green beans, candied yams, and biscuits.
On my To Do List:
Make the bed and pick up in bedroom
Go over and help Skylar (4 hours)
Do a few loads of laundry.
Finish planting my mums.
Clean up flower beds
New Recipe I tried last week:
Corn Casserole
1 stick butter
1 bag Success rice
2 cans Mexi corn
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 can cream of celery soup
Cook rice until soft according to directions on box. Mix in baking dish with stick of butter until melted. Add remaining ingredients and bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
In the craft basket:
Nothing at this time.
Looking forward to:
My birthday. I will be 49 years old tomorrow.
Homemaking Tip for this week:
Your kitchen shears are the best tool for cutting fresh green beans into pieces. You can even cut more than one bean at a time.
Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
Enjoyed them all.
Favorite photo from last week:
Mya sleeping. She is very much like a kid; spoiled rotten and loved by all of us.
Lesson learned the past few days:
The best thing I can do for others is to know God in such a way they will look at my life and want to know Him, too.
On my Prayer List:
My uncle & cousins, (Clifford, Brenda, Betty, & Dewayne) whose wife & mother (my Aunt Gail), passed away on Saturday.
My husband and children
Skylar and other family members
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully. 1 Timothy 5:14
I would like to mention that my Aunt Gail died this past Saturday while on vacation in the Smoky Mountains with her family. She was a God loving woman who had been ill for a while. Having diabetes, she was losing her sight, had lost several of her toes, had heart surgery twice, and was taking dialysis twice a week but she never complained. She had been experiencing breathing difficulties over the past few weeks and would call my mom and other family members and talk until she was breathing normal again. Despite the fact that she did not feel well she went to the Smokies on Friday because her son and his wife wanted to take her and his dad on vacation. She died peacefully in her sleep during the night while there and her husband found her Saturday morning. Her funeral will be Wednesday. I cannot mourn her leaving because she lived her life for God and her family and she is going to a better place where she will not have to suffer any more. But I am sad for my uncle and cousins and I pray for God to comfort them now and the days ahead as they face them without her. Please say a prayer for them as well.
Thank you for stopping by and please go by and visit Sandra the host of Happy Homemaker Monday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
1 comment:
My God bless you and comfort you. I am new to your blog. I am enjoying your blog too. I will be back again. Kristeen from northern Utah ..kandgough@gmail.com
Post a Comment