Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bloomin Tuesday

It is Bloomin' Tuesday hosted by Ms Green "Thumb" Jean and I have been so busy that I almost forgot to finish my post. I did manage to take a little time this evening to go out and take some photos of some of the flowers that I have blooming. I have a lot of flowers that are not doing well. It has been too dry. We did receive some rain yesterday but it wasn't enough to help much. I have been watering some but the water contains so much chlorine that it isn't much good for them. I had hoped we could have a well dug this year but we've had more important things to spend our money on such as bills and home improvements. Maybe next year the economy will be better and I can get my well....





I found this growing in my vegetable garden. I have never planted any sunflower seeds but somehow it ended up here (wind, birds???). I dug it up and replanted it next to my scarecrow. I didn't expect it to live but it did and has now bloomed a beautiful little flower.

Thanks for stopping by and please go by and visit Ms Jean and see what she and all the other participants have blooming today.

8 comments:

Terri said...

You're flowers are beautiful!

Heather said...

I love the color of your last flower. Is that cinquefoil or geum? Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing them!

Jean said...

You have a lot of color in your garden despite the lack of rain. Seems everyone has too much or not enough. Your blooms are all lovely! Jean

Elena said...

Your flowers are so lovely! I really like the sunflower. I planted one this year. It struggled for a while but I think it is going to make it after all. Have a great day! Elena

Lisa said...

Very Lovely!! I just love your blog! I visited Scrappin blods for a new back ground because I enjoyed yours so much!
Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth
Your flowers are beautiful.The heat has rough on mine.It is going to be 101 today.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Gorgeous flowers. I'm a little jealous! My garden was humming right along until we got hit with 100 degree weather for the last 28 days AND a drought. Everything is dying even though I'm hand watering. It's just a little too hot.

Your flowers are amazing the the photos are beautiful.
Patricia :o)

PS: Thank you so much for the message you left on my blog. I'm doing much better now. How are you feeling? Do you feel like you're back to normal yet?

Alexandra said...

I love the light pink flowers! Maybe I'll do all pink one year.