Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday Ramble

I thought I would have more time to blog and rest while my husband was gone to Las Vegas, from last Thursday until Tuesday morning between 2 and 3 o'clock, but I wrong. I had Maya, my daughter's little 6 month old little Yorkie pup and my 10 year old niece to keep me company while he was gone. During this time I finished the touch up where I painted my kitchen and dining room. I also made new curtains, got Skylar up each day, except Thursday, painted the fireplace mantle at my son's house, and did yard work at both houses. I also managed to do some decluttering but I still have MUCH more to do. I think I have gotten more rest in the two days that my husband has been home than I got the entire time he was gone. I hope to finish getting my house back in order over the next few days and then I can concentrate on working out at my son's house and getting ready for the wedding on September 12th. I have missed getting to visit all of my favorite blogs and it may very well be after the wedding before I have the time to visit each one as I would like to. Until then I will post and visit when I can find time to.

Maya

Please excuse my nails. I had been sanding and painting the fireplace mantle at my son's house and they were a mess. I didn't know they looked so bad until I was looking at these photos.





My daughter left her t-shirt here so I let Maya sleep with it. Maya was very attached to this shirt. I waited until they were due home to wash it.

A before photo of my dining room and the following photo is after. I am having trouble getting any writing to show up on my blog beyond this point. I don't know if you are able to see any of the details about the photos so I will describe each photo from here.

The following is my dining room after I painted and made a few changes.

After: Close up of fabrics and trim I used on the curtains in the dining room.

Kitchen Curtains

Close up of trim and curtains in kitchen.

Thanks for stopping by.









4 comments:

Alexandra said...

I love the changes! I like both rooms...isn't it funny how color changes the mood of a room. And of course, Maya is a doll.

I look forward to seeing the wedding plans unfold. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Elena said...

Wow I love the color change! It looks beautiful! Your curtains are really pretty too.

Anonymous said...

I love the curtains! That trim really "makes" it! Maya is precious!

Lisa said...

WOW! You've been busy! I just love your granddogger!!
Hugs, Lisa