
Logical Jim
Mary B. Huber
"Is it right to give one’s own presents away?
Asked little boy Jim, of his father one day,
As Christmas was drawing near.
“If I gave away what was given to me,
I would be unkind to the giver, you see,”
Declared Father, and Mother said too,
“It would not be a nice thing to do”.
So on Christmas Day, when Father woke up,
He found by his side a little live pup,
With a card that said, “Daddy from Jim”
And Jim gave his mother a nice present, too,
A little dog collar, all shiny and new.
“I know,” said wee Jim, “that you’ll let the pup
stay,
For you said it was rude to give presents away.”
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
1 comment:
That is TOO cute! :) I had never read that one before. Thanks for sharing, and I hope that you, too, are having a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment