
I found the following poem and as I was reading it, I couldn't help thinking how much this sounded like me. My husband informed me last week that I had put water in the coffee maker twice when I prepared it the night before. I always make it the night before and set the timer for it to make at 4:30 a.m. so he will have hot coffee waiting on him when he gets up. I apologized and he said, "well at least you put coffee in it." He said that sometimes he gets up to a hot pot of water. I am constantly forgetting things. Often I will go to get something from another room and forget what I went for after I get there. I have made shopping lists so I wouldn't forget things I needed and actually forgot to bring the list. The good thing about all this is I know I'm not alone because my husband is constantly asking me to remind him to do things, or to help him remember something. He has even asked me who he was going to call and him standing with the phone in his hand. Sometimes I can tell him and sometimes I don't know. I've learned one thing about getting older: 2 heads are better than one. Maybe together we can help each other remember things. That is, if we can remember to tell the other what it is we need to remember :) Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Senior Moment
I got up this morning
Hurried to make my bed,
Went to make the coffee
Turned on TV instead;
Thought I had the paper
Thought I had the paper
Looked but never found,
Searched the room,
went to the door
It was laying on the ground;
Went to pour my coffee
Went to pour my coffee
Forgot to fill the pot;
So turned around as I sat down
Wondering what I forgot;
Wrote myself a little note
Wrote myself a little note
Forgot what I wanted to say,
So turned around went back to bed
I'll start over another day.
HOPE I REMEMBER TO GET UP!!!!
By:Gin
HOPE I REMEMBER TO GET UP!!!!
By:Gin
2 comments:
You know, I find these types of things happening to me more and more. It's scary! I've never had a problem remembering things but lately it's like something is short circuiting somewhere. Must be because I just turned 47 - ACK!!!
Maxine just makes me LOL. She can be so snippy and I love that!
Judybug
Post a Comment