Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wednesday Rambling


Good morning. It is cold here but not nearly as cold as it is for many of you who live elsewhere. Living in the South, we are use to mild winters and when it goes down to 15 degrees, we are cold. On Friday, the weathermen were saying that a winter storm was approaching us and we would be getting a significant amount of snow on Monday, possibly more than we had seen in over a decade. I admit I got a little excited but that lasted about 5 minutes. My husband and I both agreed that we would be getting rain instead and that is exactly what happened. RAIN. We have been in a drought for several years but I think we have had enough rain to take care of that. I'm not really complaining, okay maybe a little, It will definately help this spring and summer. Our pond is also full for the first time in 3 years, actually it has been overflowing. It looks like we are going to be having another wedding here at our place. Our son and Morgan, his fiancee have decided to have their wedding here. I have alot of work to do getting everything looking good and I am excited about it. I love working in the yard and having lots of beautiful flowers and shrubs. Last year was not a good year for me, having lost my dad and then Skylar being injured really affected me and I lost the desire to really do anything and our place really shows the neglect. These days I am feeling more like my old self, I still have a few bad days but they are getting fewer. As I have said before, I have to put my faith in God more and trust that he has a plan and a reason for everything that happens. My depression is getting better and I'm feeling better. I am looking forward to spring and to planting my vegetable garden and many flowers. However, at this moment, I have to get off this computer and get over to my nephew, Skylar's house and help him start his day. I hope you have a nice one.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

I have an award for you. :)

http://happyheartsathome.blogspot.com/2009/01/marie-antoinette-award.html

Terri said...

Elizabeth, I'm glad you are doing better. How exciting that you are having a wedding at your home!